Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lost without LOST

Wow.

That is all I can say. One of my favorite shows of time, the show I have been watching live since the 2nd season, is over.

I just finished the series finale of LOST not 30 minutes ago. I have to tell you I couldn't feel more satisfied.

This won't be a spoiler blog, just my feelings of the final episode overall.

After the finale, I feel completely happy. I know there are still questions left unanswered but honestly, I don't give a shit. I LOVED the finale. I watch this show not only for the mysteries but for the love of the characters and their journey through the hell that is the island and their realities. It has been the people that have kept me enthralled even 6 seasons later.

Jack has been my favorite character from the pilot episode. Even when he was a douche bag all throughout season 3-4, I was loyal. I knew that he would redeem himself. And my God, he did.

As stated before, I'm not a very emotional person, at least vocally. I definitely found myself gasping and jumping in my seat as the story came to a close.

And yes, I will admit it, I cried.

As the final shots and conversation were happening, tears of joy and saddness ran down my face. I've been watching Lost for the last 5 years. It's been such a huge part of my life. When we first got to college, Husband and I bought season 1 on sale and started it. We ended up staying up all night for 2 nights in my car due to the dorm rules watching it on my mini DVD player. After that we were hooked.

I went to Comic Con and watched the LOST panel 2 years running. I'll never forget nearly each commercial break turning to Husband and whatever friends were watching mouth agape yelling, "WHAT?!?! What does that even mean?!" I've theorized, dreamed, screamed, jumped, laughed, cried and fought about LOST. It's been apart of me for nearly 1/4 of my life. It will always be something very special to me.

While I'm happy it's over and I feel satisfied, I'm truly mourning that my longest TV relationship has come to an end.

Oh LOST. What in the world am I going to do without you?

Do you watch LOST? How did you feel about the ending?

1 comment:

Sydney Anne said...

You beat me to the LOST post.

and I agree - fantastic. That about sums up our college experience.

(PS - we should finale chat soon, since you're no longer chained to the desk and I don't get to see you anymore ...)

Post a Comment