Friday, June 26, 2009

Greetings & Introductions, by Twixter Two

Hello Everyone,

I'm Twixter Two.

Now what a 'twixter' is should be addressed somewhere in the beginning of this blog.

My personal definition: one who realizes all too quickly that the responsibilities and harsh reality of growing up sure makes growing up not as awesome as previously thought. (Refer to Time Magazine if you want a more official definition).

As a college freshman, you don't think about the greatness of living off credit between jobs, or working crappy retail because you need seasonal money on top of another disappointing part time job, because that "dream career" isn't quite here yet. No. You think about having your own place, settling down, and magically landing that dream lifestyle that everyone told you was possible if you try hard enough.

I try pretty hard, and I'll tell you I'm still not even close yet.

I am currently in my 5th year of college as a film major. My immediate response is to defensively explain why I'll be taking an extra year to complete college. I usually say, "I changed majors the middle of my sophomore year, so I have some catching up to do. Yes, I did change my major, but that doesn't change the fact I took only 12 units for the past five semesters. I don't regret it; the issues in my life (possibly addressed in a later blog) would have made passing all my classes nearly impossible. But, now I am a super senior. At least I finally found the major I think I love and still maintain a 3.5 GPA.

A few facts about my life:

I'm getting married on July 11 to the most amazing guy I know. We've been dating for about four years now and I am so excited. A lot of my blog will be about how married life affects my school work and career. According to my fellow Twixter Generation, I'm getting married pretty young. (I'm 21.)

My fiance and I were accepted into a film program in L.A. where you participate in a TV/Film internship in Hollywood. I'll be living in good 'ol Los Angeles only a few minutes (in L.A. time) from Twixter One. I don't even have the words to explain how excited I am to be immersed in the world of Hollywood all next semester.

I am currently working on a documentary that I'm hoping will change my life. (At least a little). I am still debating on if I want to talk specifics here since Twixter One and I are still discussing how anonymous we want to keep this blog. I guess it all depends on what we actually blog about.

Well, that's the run down on me, Twixter Two. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment