Monday, February 15, 2010

The Last Airbender: A Twixter's Dream

Recently, the full trailer for Last Airbender released.

The Last Airbender is a Nickelodeon cartoon spanning 3 epic seasons that follows the journey of Aang, a young successor to a long line of Avatar must set aside his desire for an innocent childhood to stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations. Hm…a character running away from his responsibilities to have fun and be a kid. Sounds like a Twixter to me….

When I saw the trailer released, I freaked out. I was at work, thankfully on a break, and watched the trailer. My trainer was laughing at me, because I was literally freaking out. I had my hand covering my mouth, mildly hyperventilating. I may have clapped at some point. It was bad.

But seriously. Sweet. Mercy. It looks incredible. I watched the cartoon series (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and watching the trailer was like seeing the cartoon come to life. There were even scenes straight from the cartoon translated to film. It looks gorgeous. I can’t wait.

This is one of my many Twixter traits. I love kid movies. To this day Cinderella is still one of my favorites. I’d watch it any time, any day. So now that this epic cartoon is being made into a movie, it’s my Twixter dream coming true.

But back to Last Airbender. My favorite nation in the series is the Earth Nation which has Earth Benders. (To clarify, not everyone has power of the elements, only “benders” can; everyone else is just a citizen of the nation itself). Each Bending nation utilizes a different form of martial arts fighting. Fire Benders are very forward, concentrating on offense. Water Benders are smooth and quick, utilizing their speed for evasiveness and attack. Air Benders are very defensive, moving fast and not really attacking.

But Earth Benders. Ah, they’re the best. Their fighting is about core. It’s in your stance. You’re strong and firm, like the earth itself, unmoving to the elements. You’re positioned at the ready, for either attack or defense. Their movements are strong and sure. I like them the best because I evny the power and sureness. I’m more of an avoider. An Air Bender, if you will. Seeing that power and confidence is something I strive for.

I think I just said I wanted to be an Earth Bender.

I am a freaking nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment