Friday, February 12, 2010

PAY DAY!

I'm sure this will happen a lot because I tend to get forgetful when a big change happens in my life. Bear with me this morning as I'm drinking my coffee as we speak and still trying to process how to spell. (Thank the lord for spell check). I'm an hour and a half early since I carpooled with Mom. But at least I didn't have to pay for the gas.

Today is PAY DAY. I'm so excited to receive my first check in 6 months. It feels strange to be living on paychecks again instead of installments of money at random times. Husband and I created an intense budget based on our wages. It's very strange to plan out my money so specifically. I've always tried, but never really succeeded in keeping with it. Partially because I never really understood how expensive "unexpected" expenses were. (That's a tonge twister. Expensive unexpected expenses. ha) We're saving for something pretty huge. (Blog on that to come probably Monday.)

But needless to say, working 40 hours a week will finally start to feel like it's paying off. I have to constantly remind myself that this job is worth it. It's a stepping stone. I won't be doing this for the rest of my life. Thank God.

It's hard to imagine people who stay in jobs they hate. I know how important money is to survival, but I would rather be slightly poorer but happier in a job I enjoy versus a job that pays well. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept of working a very well paid job that you don't like so you can enjoy your time off. You can have a great house, nicer clothes, better vacations, etc. But that little happiness you look foreward to versus a general happiness all the time just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I might feel differently when I have kids though. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment