Wednesday, March 24, 2010

As If The World Couldn't Get Sadder...

Seriously? What is the world coming to?

One of the blogs I follow(mashable.com)updated this morning about a new dating site called Gamecrush.com. (Check out the original story here )

Here's the rundown on GameCrush: Gaming boys (or girls) sign up online and set up dates where they play games on their XBOX 360 or online computer games with the opposite sex. These dates last 10 minutes and the Gamer looking for love pays with points that are purchased with REAL MONEY. These points are paid as well as they are supposed to tip their "date" with whatever other points they have. Here's the kicker: the "date" can then redeem those points for cash.

This is a glamorized nerdy version of a phone sex line for nerds. W. T. F.

I mean, I get it. Nerdy guys sometimes have problems finding girls
who understand them, let alone want to play video games with them. But
resorting to paying for an online gaming date? I just can't even begin to
express how sad this is.

As a nerdy girl myself, I understand it can be difficult to find
someone who shares those traits with you. But there are people out
there!

Go on dates within your Guild members before paying for a date with some
random girl online.

I'll never understand this.

No comments:

Post a Comment