Sunday, March 14, 2010

Giles the Pee-Meister

So fun fact of the day: Giles is on a peeing spree.

Giles is my cat. Let me tell you about him. Prior to getting
married, I lived for a couple of months with my besties crashing on
their bedroom floor to save money. During that time, while moving my
stuff from the dorms into the garage, I heard a small meow. A kitten
meow. So I searched around. The detached garage faces a cinder block
wall with dumpsters against it. When the dumpsters get moved, they
slam into the brick wall and make holes.

So we found Giles hidden in a hole in the cinder block wall. Meowing
his little head off for someone to help him. Mind you, this all
happened around 11 pm. So after calling in the boys to help get him
out, we ended up spending 2 1/2 hours making the fist size hole an
arm's length hole with a hammer. After that battle, we got him out.
And he was the cutest cat I've ever seen.

Look at that face....

Mind you I just remembered now that he peed on my lap on the car ride
over to walmart to get him a litter box and food. It was a sign....

So we hid Giles in Husband's dorm room for a few months, hid him in
our college apartment, got caught. Then had a lovely lady we found on
Craig's list watch him while we studied abroad. She even got his
shots and neutering free. She was seriously a miracle. After we
moved to Vegas, we had to give him to someone else to watch until
Nephew was healthy enough to have a cat around. All of that time
totaling about 5 months without him. We have been fighting to keep
him from the get go.

Now don't get me wrong, Giles is a love. He will snuggle likie it's
no one's business and even sit on the book you're reading if he wants
some love. But then 10 mins later he will be running in circles
around the room, getting scared by his own tail. He has more
personality than even some people I know. He's such a character.

Well, I almost murdered him last night.

He started to pee on the blanket i was laying under. Literally at my
feet he tried to pee. (Granted his litter box was a little dirty. I
rectified that immediately).

And the jeans I wanted to wear this morning? Peed on. On top of my
leather Rainbow brand flip flop. I didn't have time to clean the this
morning as I was running late, but if that flip flop forever smells
like cat piss....

So now we don't know what to do. Do we keep this cat that obviously
needs some more attention and just get him anohter cat to keep him
company? What if the other cat learns the same bad habits and they
both pee around the apartment? I don't want to loose my $300 pet
deposit because my cat won't use his litter box.

Or do we find him a home? I mean, Giles is a shit, but I love him so
much. He sleeps next to me every night and makes me so happy whenever
I see him. He's our baby.

Except when he pisses on my stuff.

ALAS, what do I do?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Cute posing kitty!

Post a Comment