Monday, March 15, 2010

A Place To Call My Own

Life changing event!

Well my Twixter friends, Husband and I are so so close to getting OUR
first apartment!!!

You have no idea how exciting it will be for us to have an apartment.
It's just a cute 1 bedroom near where Husband graduated from high
school. And the other huge bonus, is we're subleasing for exactly the
amount of time until we wanted to move to Florida.

And on top of that, it's only $550 a month. (Sorry Twixter One. I
know that's hurtful).

Husband and I have been living with Sister-In-Law for several months
now. We've been staying in the spare bedroom with a futon on the
floor. Not exactly ideal, but it's free and we're poor. So when we
started looking for apartments in our budget range, they were pretty
much all in not the greatest places in the Las Vegas Valley. But it
was a sacrifice we were willing to make.

But then, out of the glorious Craig's List, we found a subleased
apartment for the same price as the ghetto for a really nice
neighborhood. It's so close to my work and a lot closer to any
friends we have in town.

I feel like an adult. This apartment will be the first place that
Husband and I have that's ours. We lived in a rental room at our
university and then when we studied abroad, we lived with rented
furniture and rented dishes. It wasn't OURS. Now this place will
have all our furniture and Giles as well! (After we pay the
exorbitant $500 pet deposit).

As much as I don't want to grow up, I can't wait to have a place to
call my own. Even if it's just for 5 months.

So now all we're waiting for is the weird guy we're subleasing from to
pay the apartment what he owes and fill out some paperwork, and then
it's ours! We move in April 1st.

This is going to be the longest 2.5 weeks of my life.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats on the new place to live!

Post a Comment